The Reading Lions Club
invites students in grades 10, 11 and 12 to enter the
2014 -2015 Massachusetts Lions Youth Speech Competition
this year’s topic is
Respect: Where has it gone?
As a student today, you represent the leadership of the future.
This topic has been selected to provide you a tremendous avenue to express your thoughts on the subject and demonstrate your skills of persuasion and research.
- Register with Mrs. Von Euw in Room 334 by Friday October 18. Mrs.Von Euw will answer questions and supply the needed forms and Student Handbook. (RMHS students only)
- Submit a print copy of your speech to Mrs. Von Euw by Monday Nov. 1st.
- Present your speech at the Reading Lions Club Competition in November.
- This is a multilevel competition. The local winner will receive a cash prize and proceed to the next level of competition. The ultimate winner of the Massachusetts Lions Youth Speech Competition will receive a cash prize of $1500.
- Each speech should last no less than 5 minutes and no more than ten minutes. Complete rules are available online at:http://lionsyouthspeech.org
Interested Reading students attending other high schools should contact Lorraine Barry by October 18 at email@example.com